Thursday, November 6, 2008

Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold.





This is my oldest friend, Diana. By oldest I don't mean that she's actually 106, in a 28-year-old's body. I mean that of all of the people I would consider good friends to this day, I've known Diana the longest. We met in the seventh grade, after she had moved to Topeka from Manhattan, KS. We both played the violin in orchestra, and we became fast friends. I'm proud to say she's one of only two people I've kept in regular touch with since high school.

The little peanut Diana is holding is her new baby, Seth. It's totally weird to me that my friends even HAVE babies now, but Seth's a keeper. I mean, he has dimples. How can you resist that? I'm dying to take a trip to Colorado or to have Diana and Seth (and her husband, Jordan) come visit me in Chicago so I can kiss those little chipmunk cheeks and blow raspberries on his belly. Yep, all it takes is one cute baby to turn me into a puddle of cheesiness. And I don't mean the nacho kind.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Cute! That baby has good cheeks! :)