Saturday, September 19, 2009

Play Ball!

Last Friday I was invited to go to my first ever Cubs game by my friend Veronika who regularly gets free tickets via her work. I was thrilled to finally experience Wrigley Field during a baseball game, something I probably should have done a long time ago considering I've been here for 6 years now. While the game wasn't especially exciting (the Cubs won 2-0), the hot dog, cotton candy, and company were great. Vince Vaughn, a Chicago native, was there to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch, and we had awesome seats (although honestly, did I pay much attention to the game? I'm sure you can guess the answer to that one...). Thanks for inviting me to experience a Chicago institution, Veronika. :)


Veronika and Katie

Punk old lady who shushed me for talking too loud. AT A BASEBALL GAME.


Vince Vaugh singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"




Veronika, Beth, Me, Katie


Great seats!

1 comment:

Katie said...

The pics turned out cute! And, while I did not appreciate getting shush-ed, I do think that the old lady does have some style! Who else could pull off Cubs earings and a Cubs-collage top???