Saturday, September 19, 2009

In Defense of Shoes


Today I made my semi-annual pilgrimage to DSW, a place in which I could easily blow one or five paychecks, as I was sorely in need of some new shoes. Having seen the ridiculousness that is my mom's feet and all the pain they've caused her partially as a result of wearing uncomfortable shoes for many years, I have become a devoted fan of flats. Now we all know how extremely tall I am. Obviously, I wouldn't want to give myself any added height or anything... So, flats seem like the way to go. They're both comfy and cute, two things I strive for in most aspects of my life (That must be why I hate my job so much. It's neither comfy, nor cute. Moving on...). I was very proud of myself because I set a budget and get this: I did NOT go over it. And I was in a SHOE STORE. I even put back two pairs of shoes I wanted to get so as to stay within my budget! I know, it blows my mind too. I'm pretty much a financial genius, you know, this being the one and only time I've managed to stay within the budget I set for myself. Anyway, the shoes above were the fruits of my labor. And I tell ya, that's my kind of labor.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Cute! Looks like you found some nice additions to your fall wardrobe!

Jessie said...

Way cute! I've always loved flats. Especially ones like these. I'm glad we're able to find them in abundance these days. (I knew the fashionistas would come around.) :)