Tuesday, September 8, 2009

At Last...


Dear Pickled Eggs,

Ever since I first heard of your existence I've been hoping to make your acquaintance. I've looked high and low, near and far. From grocery store to convenience store, across state lines, over the river and through the woods. For years I've looked, longing to add you to my arsenal of pickled goodness. To bite into your vinegar-y outer layer to your...equally vinegar-y yellow center. I'd all but given up when at last, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted you at the local Topeka butcher shop.

Of course. Where else would you be? Thank you for finally showing yourself. I'm sure my taste buds will be dancing with delight in short order.

Love and chickens,
Erin

3 comments:

Cary said...

YAAAAAAAAAY!

Katie said...

How were they? Somehow, it just doesn't sound appetizing to me. Sorry. :(

Erin said...

They were everything I'd hoped they'd be. :)