Sunday, October 25, 2009

Last Evanston Symphony Concert

Today was my last official Evanston Symphony Orchestra concert, not counting the Christmas concert. It was a really challenging and fun concert to play, and as I played the last note I thought to myself "This is the last time you'll ever play on this stage" and I was sad when it was over. If I end up at U of I, I'm planning on coming up for at least a few concerts per season next year, but it'll be strange to be watching and not playing.

Thanks to everyone who has come to concerts over the past five years--it's so much more fun to play a show when you know someone in the audience. It's been a great ride and I'll miss all the friends I made through this group (though I won't be sad to see the 2.5 hour rehearsals after a full day of work go--Tuesdays are looooong days). I do still have the Christmas concert to look forward to and I hope everyone can come out for some holiday fun. I love you ESO!




No comments: