Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Halloween Festivities Commence!

My friend Cheryl came to visit from South Bend this weekend and in honor of her arrival, we decided to check out the haunted house at Navy Pier called "The Fear" (not to be confused with the song "The Fear" which I just linked to in the last blog entry...). I've been to a few haunted houses before, and I've decided that my natural defense to being scared is laughing. I literally laughed my entire way through the haunted house. I'm comforted by the thought that if a stranger weilding a deadly weapon were to break into my house, I would most likely laugh him straight back out to where he came from. And there were definitely parts of this haunted house that were very scary. Particularly one part where you had to push your way through these giant blow up walls that were pushed together so tightly that they completely enveloped you as you walked through. It was about 20 feet of exteme nervousness on my part, as I'm a bit of a claustrophobic. There were some wicked special effects though, LOTS of crazy scary monsters jumping out at you, and at the end, we got to walk through a ginormous blow up lizard complete with organs. I know, random, right? I think they put on a pretty good, show, though, I must say. Below is the promotional video for "The Fear" which they also made us watch once we were inside the haunted house. Right before they separated Cheryl and I and made ME go first. For that, Cheryl will never be forgiven.

No comments: