Monday, March 29, 2010

New Song Obsession

The first time I heard "Fireflies" by Owl City, I could have sworn Death Cab for Cutie had come out with a new song. This guy sounds so insanely close to their sound that it's craziness. Fortunately, I love the face off of Death Cab, so I guess it was inevitable that I would fall for Owl City as well. I'm crushing not only this song, but the video that goes along with it (below). It's just cool. The song combines so many things that make me swoon in alternative music--electronic/video game sounds, great lyrics, and best of all, stringed instruments in the background. When the strings come in at around 1:10, it just makes me gush inside I love it so much. I haven't bought an entire album in really long time, but I may have to relent on this one.


1 comment:

Cary said...

I'd heard the song and thought the same thing, but I'd never seen the video. I like all the old school toys!