Sunday, March 7, 2010

Best. Drink. Ever.


I'm not a beer-drinker, as many of you know. I wish I was--I feel like there's this whole world of stouts and ales and lagers that I'm missing out on. It would be nice to be laid-back and order a three-dollar pint instead of the hoity-toity drinks I usually end up with, but I just never liked the taste. I like to eat my bread, not drink it. However, in a magical time and place a long long time ago, I was introduced to Frambois. It's fizzy, sweet, raspberry-flavored, and it doesn't taste like beer. But best of all, it says "beer" on the label. So it counts!! I can say I going to "have a beer" just like everyone else at the table! I had a bit of a hard time finding it in Chicago (granted, I didn't frequent tons of bars in my time there, but the ones I did go to usually didn't stock it), but it seems to be EVERYWHERE here. One place even has it on tap! Yes, you read that correctly. My totally-not-a-beer beer is ON TAP just like the cool beers! Woo!! Just another reason I'm liking my new digs.

2 comments:

Cary said...

YAY for finally updating.

BOO that my visit didn't make the cut. :)

Erin said...

Well, it would have but I posted all the pics to FB and decided I was too lazy to put them on here too... if you come visit again then I'll definitely put you on here! ;)