Sunday, August 30, 2009

Glory Days


Last night I got together with a couple friends I hadn't seen since college. Elizabeth Roberts (formerly Bradford--she's on my right) and Kristina Schmitt (formerly Kleiber--on my left) were fellow English majors and Writing Center co-workers. We had a blast at Marquette being literary nerds together. :) [Side note: It's absolutely ridiculous how short I am and how obvious it is in that picture!] Elizabeth has since moved to London, where her husband is from, but was in town for her sister's wedding and organized a little shin dig at this bar in Lincoln Park that looks like it was plucked right out of Wisconsin. It had moose heads, antler chandeliers, and all kinds of Wisconsin beer. I felt like I was right back in school again. After hanging out at that bar until everyone else at the get together had left, Kristina, Elizabeth, Will (Elizabeth's husband), and I moved on to Clarke's--a funky little diner a few blocks away. I managed to not make it home until 2:30 am--unheard for me lately (I'm old and lame, what can I say?)! I had a really fun time catching up with old friends and hope we don't go this long again without seeing each other. :)

Scary turtle who was obviously traumatized when it died...


Deer antler chandelier

No comments: