Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quotable Kids

Tonight I had the pleasure of babysitting for two of my favorite kids, Brynn (8) and Aidan (4). Those of you who have followed this blog from the beginning may recall my blogging about their funny antics before. Tonight they made me laugh out loud several times with their goofy views of the world. The funniest part is that the have no idea they're being funny. Here are the ones I remember:

Brynn: Aidan, lets go practice a show in my room and then we'll come out here and do the show for Erin!
Aidan: Ok!
They wander off to Brynn's room where I hear nothing for several minutes, and then some bickering, which escalates to shouting. Aidan comes back out to the living room.
Aidan: The show's been cancelled. I was fired.


Aidan is spraying the living room window with a water bottle and then using a hand-held squeegee to wipe it down.
Aidan: Erin, you cannot touch this window when I am done cleaning it. That is because you do not want it to get redirted because then it would have to get recleaned.


The kids and I are playing the board game Trouble, which has a tag line of There's trouble in that bubble! Brynn has gone about ten turns without being able to make a move.
Brynn (resignedly): Man, there really is trouble in that bubble.


Aidan wins Trouble but Brynn and I keep playing to see who will get second place. Aidan gets irritated that we are now playing without him.
Aidan, pretending to read the box (he can't read yet): Guys, it says here that the game is over when the winner is winned.


I'm reading Aidan his bedtime story, a book about germs which he has obviously read before.
Aidan: And then there are these things called "ant bodies" and they kill the bad germs and keep the good germs. They are called that because they are little bodies and they look like ants. See? Ant bodies!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love it! The show's been cancelled, I was fired. Those kids are a hoot!