Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ode To A Bookcase

I've been searching for years for a big beautiful bookcase for my myriad books that are always scattered all over my apartment. Until last weekend I could find nothing to my liking that was below $1200 which is more than I pay for a month's rent and therefore not happening. I was lamenting this on my Facebook page when a friend responded that I should check out Nadeau (http://www.furniturewithasoul.com/) in Ravenswood. They are a huge warehouse of wood furniture that they sell to the public at wholesale prices. They get two or three shipments in per month from India and Indonesia and they never know what they're going to get, but each shipment generally has its own style. They do no advertising and instead rely on word-of-mouth to get business. So I'm passing this on to you now: this place rocks. I got a solid mahogany bookcase, painted white, six feet tall by four feet wide, for...wait for it...$250 (!!!). It was delivered this morning and is so awesome that whenever I look at it I get this little internal squeal of delight (the pic below doesn't do it justice--it looks much bigger in real life). So check out Nadeau--it's well worth the time.


2 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh! Cool!

Rachel said...

BEAUTIFUL! So glad it worked out. :)