Monday, June 8, 2009

Old friends (and a cute baby!)


Last weekend one of my best friends from high school came to visit from Colorado with her husband and their ten-month-old baby. Diana and I met in orchestra in 7th grade, and became fast friends. We've managed to stay in touch all these years later, even though we haven't lived in the same state since we graduated from high school. I feel like one of the tests of a true friendship is when you can go for months without talking to someone, but then when you finally do talk you pick up right where you left off. Diana and I can talk for hours, and I feel lucky to call her one of my oldest friends. Neither she, nor her husband Jordan, had ever been to Chicago so we had lots of adventures while they were here. We went to the Museum of Science and Industry, the Shedd Aquarium, Lou Malnati's, Portillo's, and had a picnic on Northwestern's campus. But the highlight for me was playing with their adorable baby, Seth. As you can see, I didn't get a whole lot of pics of anyone or anything other than Seth, because really cute babies are kind of distracting in my book. He definitely qualified. It was great seeing good friends again, and I can't wait until the next trip!

Diana and Jordan outside the Shedd


Seth outside the Shedd (he was totally thrilled with the aquatic life, as you can see)


Seth and Diana watching the fish in the Shedd



One of Seth's favorite toys while he was here was my yodeling pickle. I can't say I blame him. It's one of my favorites too.

Jordan and Seth playing with the pickle


Though she was a very well-behaved girl, Clara wasn't quite as thrilled with the baby as I was.

This one's my favorite. Seth was just about ready to go to bed for the night. I can't resist a baby with a pacifier!


No comments: