Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wine Night


For nearly two-and-a-half years now, a small group of friends and I have had a monthly gathering that we've affectionately termed "Wine Night." Every month someone from the group volunteers to "host" for that month, and either chooses a cool spot in the city or has the group over to her apartment for drinks and good company. While it initially started out with about six of us, Wine Night has grown to a regular group of nearly ten people which is awesome. Each of us invite other good friends to the monthly gathering when it's our turn to host, and as time has gone on, those people have started coming during other hostess's months as well. That's how we've gotten Catana, Cary, Lisa, and Mandy in on the fun. I don't think I'd really even know Catana, Lisa, or Mandy if it hadn't been for their regular Wine Night appearances. Cary was one of my own additions to the group. :)

Wine Night has taken us to fun places all over the city. We've done wine and cheese tastings, spa nights, swanky up-scale places, and smaller more intimate settings. One month, Katie and Courtney hosted a Santa Fe Wine Night at Katie's apartment after having returned from vacationing in that area. The monthly gathering occasionally morphs into a cocktail night, beer night, or even brunch (though we've only done that once), but we always eventually go back to our staple: good wine.

Whatever's going on in my life, I know I can always rely on having a good time with good friends at least once a month. We have yet to miss a month since we started. Cheers to that!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I second that! Cheers!

Cary said...

Cheers to all of you ladies! I think it's awesome to have friends who can keep a consistent bit of fun in their lives, no matter how busy they all get!

And, I feel honored to be an honorary member of Wine Night. (I have three Wine Night's under my belt now!) :)