Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yikes!!

I've been fascinated by tornadoes ever since I was a kid. Back then I collected tornado postcards, had a tornado keychain, and even had a documentary-style VHS tape full of tornadoes from all over the country. I blame it on growing up in Kansas which takes a prominent place in Tornado Alley. Whereas kids in California had earthquake drills and kids in Texas have hurricane drills, we had tornado drills. Everyone down to the basement, sit on your knees, curl up into a ball, and cover the back of your neck with your hands! Because, you know, your hands will totally protect you from debris flying towards your neck at 75 miles an hour.

Anyway, CNN.com had a SICK video of a tornado on their website today. I pretty much just stared at my computer, mouth agape, for several minutes. And so I now present this video to you. May you be as awed by it as I was.

No comments: