Friday, July 17, 2009

Checking off one more item on my life long To Do list...

Last night I saw Billy Joel perform at Wrigley Field, a concert I had been wanting to see since high school. He performed with Elton John as part of the Face-to-Face tour. I love Elton too, so together they couldn't go wrong. I went with my friends Cary and Katie and we were not disappointed. They peformed pretty much every major hit between the two of them, and the concert was about three hours long! They started out playing together, and then Elton did an hour-long set, Billy did an hour-long set, and then they closed the concert by playing together again. The very last song they performed was "Pianoman." The crowd went crazy. At one point they stopped playing and the entire stadium sang the refrain together. When I looked at the upper deck, the whole thing was filled with people swaying back and forth. It looked like waves. I actually got a bit choked up... When we bought our tickets back in March the concert seemed so far away, but it was definitely worth the wait. If you ever get the chance to go to one of these concerts you should make it happen. It was amazing. Below, some pics/videos of the show:















1 comment:

Jessie said...

:) I am smiling ear to ear looking at these pictures! I can't wait to see them tomorrow!!!!!