Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Billy and Elton Part Deux (and with insane pictures to boot!)

So I'm officially ridiculously lucky. My mom's best friend Kathy happens to live next door to Elton John's personal steward (read: flight attendant). As I was walking to the show on Thursday, I got a phone call from Kathy's husband, Gordon, offering me FREE FRONT SECTION tickets to the Tuesday night show. Did I mention the tickets were free? And in the front section? What?!

Tonight was the Tuesday show and it was officially the best concert I've ever attended. Not only were the tickets in the front SECTION, they were in the front ROW!!! I was literally ten feet from Elton and Billy. I've wanted to see Billy Joel my whole life and I was TEN FEET from him (yes, it's right after the concert got over and I'm still on an adrenaline high and can't stop my pinky from hitting the caps locks and the exclamation point)!! I've never seen anything like it. The men are living legends. I took my friend Jessie, and between the two of us we've probably got about 100 pictures. I already went through mine and put the best ones below. You can tell the difference in seats by the quality of the pictures...

Sigh...did that experience really just happen? I swear I made the whole thing up.






No comments: