Monday, May 4, 2009

Today's Special

A long time ago, in a land called Kansas far far away, there was a little girl who liked to watch a show about mannequins who came to life. Today, that little girl is all grown up and found a clip on YouTube of the intro to that show. It made her feel very old and nostalgic. She had forgotten half the characters that were even in that show. And she thought there were multiple mannequins, but the intro didn't show that, so now she thinks she might have a memory problem (probably alzheimers...). She wonders to herself, "Did anyone else ever watch this show? If so, did the monster afro on the young African American woman leave them completely unfazed until now as well?"

3 comments:

Rachel said...

O......M......G......! I can't believe you posted that. No one EVER remembers Today's Special when I bring it up. This proves we are kindred spirits! Now I need to find an old episode somewhere!

Jessie said...

Um, dude! Eric and I totally sat down to youtube one night just to watch all of the Today's Special stuff we could find. I LOVED that show as a kid. (And it's true, no one ever remembers it.)

Cary said...

Erin, this was my FAVORITE show when I was a kid!!!!