Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ski Trip!


Yesterday I went skiing for only the second time in my life. My friends Cary, Terry, and Becky, all coworkers, accompanied me to Alpine Valley Ski Resort in Wisconsin. When I looked Alpine Valley up on the Internet, it said it had seven green slopes, seven blue slopes, and seven black slopes. Considering the only other time I've ever gone skiing (back in high school) was at a place with one green, one blue, and one black slope, I thought this place was huge! I later found out, through my friend Diana (who lives in Colorado), that it was actually rather miniscule. No worries though, we had a great time! While I started out a bit wobbly, I picked up on turning and stopping pretty quickly thanks to Terry's expert coaching (he's been skiing since he was a little kid). We skiied from 11 am to 3 pm and I only ended up falling twice! Unfortunately, it is EXTREMELY difficult to get up once you've fallen in skis. Like, nearly impossible. And of course, Cary managed to get my first fall on video, which she promptly posted to youtube:





She then recorded Becky's first ski run ever, which was pretty good until she fell down at the end. Meanwhile, I'm STILL trying to get up from my first fall...




The pics below, however, prove that eventually I was able to get up and I had many great fall-free runs after that. :)




No comments: