Monday, January 19, 2009

Sales!!

One of the best things about post-Christmas times is the INSANE sales at nearly every store in existence. Yesterday, I hung out with my friend Jenny and we decided to take an impromptu shopping trip. We hit up Ann Taylor Loft, where I scored not one but TWO pairs of normally-$60 pants for $20 total. Then we went to Uncle Dan's, a sporting goods/camping/outdoor gear store that I normally rarely set foot in. Jenny was looking for a new winter coat, as was I until I noticed that the cheapest coats available were $250. Seriously?! So, I changed strategies and decided to go for some high quality "long underwear" by the name of Under Armor. Actually, they are supposed to be used for running in inclement weather, and we all know how fond I am of that pastime... Anyway, I found them on sale at Uncle Dan's for $30. Rock on. I asked the cashier if these were the kind used for cold weather (they also have warm weather Under Armor that are supposed to keep you cool), and she said "Well, you probably wouldn't want to wear them by themselves when it's like this outside, but if you layered them..." at which point I realized that she thought I was actually going to use them for RUNNING, and I kind of snickered and said, "Oh trust me, they will only be used for layering." I got a look that signaled her thoughts of how pathetic I am, and then I happily walked out the door with my new layering devices. But wait: the glorious shopping excursion wasn't finished yet! Jenny and I then took a trip over to a Marshalls that is literally about a mile from my house, but which I didn't know existed and had therefore been frequenting the Marshalls that is more like five miles from my house. D'oh! There, I scored the last set of queen-sized flannel sheets that just happen to totally match the quilt on my bed. For $30. Yes, you can bow down to me now: I am officially a sale guru.

No comments: