Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to Neverland

I saw a shooting star last night. I don't know if I've ever seen a real shooting star before. But last night, as I was riding home in the car from seeing a movie with the family, I was staring out the window. It was dark out, and sky was wide and clear. Living in Chicago, you don't really see a lot of stars, with all of the city lights, air pollution, and such. But in Kansas, everything is spread out. You see people's porch lights. You see headlights from a few cars traveling to unknown destinations. And you see stars. Lots of stars. I was looking out at the constellation Orion when I saw this small little explosion in the sky. It looked kind of like a miniature firework, all by itself. Then the sparkle slowly started falling, and by the time my line of vision had fallen even with the horizon, it was gone. So I made a wish. It was probably silly and childish of me to do so, but there's just something magical about seeing a shooting star, especially in your home town. So I did it. I can't tell you what I wished for, but I sincerely hope it comes true.

No comments: